Welcome to our review of the Fender Acoustasonic 15 Acoustic Guitar Amplifier.
Finding the best electric acoustic amplifier in the market can be difficult, especially with the mass increase in variety in areas such as brand, quality, and price. While some of the other brands may advertise with questionably low prices, it becomes evident that there is a reason for the price tag once the amp is used and is determined to be of poor caliber. On the other hand, there are labels that will give an amp a virtually unthinkable price, leaving the buyer dissatisfied with the product, noticeably lacking for its price tag. Luckily, the Fender brand has been in the guitar business for decades, evolving and improving music quality since 1946. The Fender Acoustasonic 15 combines a fair, competitive price with an astounding quality and convenience that will allow you to have the best possible experience with your instrument.
If you would like to purchase the Fender Acoustasonic 15 Acoustic Guitar Amplifier right away, please click the button below:
You may be interested in looking at the Blackstar FLY3 Guitar Combo Amplifier.
Design Features Of The Fender Acoustasonic 15 Acoustic Guitar Amplifier
The design of the Fender Acoustasonic 15 is the culmination of many years of experimentation in respects to size and sound. Because customers wanted an amplifier that was portable and easy to bring to small venues while still bringing an impressive volume to the gig, the Acoustasonic 15 was released in 2013.
The Acoustasonic 15 is an acoustic guitar combo amplifier (15 watts), with a compact and sturdy make, perfect for an on-the-go musical experience. This amplifier has a 6-inch speaker with a great volume for its size, adding to the simplicity and flexibility of the design. This amp’s features make it a smart choice for the performer or the beginner.
- The dual front-panel inputs include a standard ¼” jack for an instrument and an XLR input for a microphone.
- There are 15 watts of volume through the 6″ Fender speaker specially designed for enhanced high-frequency response.
- The amp is portable and light weight (10.5 lbs.), making it simple to transport from location to location.
- A headphone jack is included for silent rehearsal.
- The Acoustasonic 15 is the only Fender guitar amp to contain a ‘whizzer’ cone, a small supplementary speaker cone attached to the voice coil of the amp’s speaker that maximizes the frequency range.
- The instrument channel houses the built-in chorus effect for a richer sound.
- Contains metal corner guards and a strip of velcro mounted to the back of the amp for convenience to put away the electric chord when not in use.
- This amp is backed by Fender’s 5 Year Transferable Warranty for worry-free use.
The Fender Acoustasonic 15: For Performance Ready Instrumental and Vocal Amplification
The Acoustasonic 15 has a dual front panel, with a 1/4” jack for instruments and an XLR input for a microphone making this the perfect amplifier for the singer-songwriter or musically-inclined friend at gatherings. This option also makes the amp accessible to duos, and the 6” speaker is perfect for small gigs.
The small amp is compact and portable, making it a solid choice for musicians on the move. The 15 watts of sound is good for its size, with great control over frequency range and can fill up the room. This amp is a smart decision for traveling musicians because it is has all the best qualities of a larger amp for a killer performance without the bulk.
While the Fender Acoustasonic 15 is a great pick for advanced musicians, it is also the optimal selection for those who are just beginning. The Acoustasonic is a fantastic choice for amateur musicians because of the convenience it exudes; the headphone jack makes it a great buy for anyone looking for silent practice.
Along with silent rehearsal, the amp also helps out beginners in its simple design, with just enough settings to make the amplifier a useful addition to your musical arsenal, but it also shows just enough restraint so as not to overwhelm the user with options.
Pros And Cons Of The Fender Acoustasonic 15
- The signal boost given to the XLR in line goes above and beyond in quality and sound, making it the best small amplifier in the market.
- The chorus effect is clean and effective and very useful for all instruments, especially acoustic guitars.
- The tone controls exceed expectations thanks to the ‘whizzer’ cone, giving the user excellent control over the mid and high ranges.
- The Acoustasonic 15 is a great amp for small venues and personal practice, giving off a great volume for its size.
- Light weight and portable for transportation to and from venues.
- The amp is backed by Fender’s 5 Year Transferable Warranty plan just in case the amp is damaged, allowing you to use your amplifier stress-free. For more information on the warranty, click here.
- It gets the job done for what it is, but should not be expected to be a replacement for a larger amp at larger gigs. It is a small venue and personal practice amp. The volume may be too soft for some uses—the effectiveness of this amp really depends on what you plan to use it for.
- Currently cannot be shipped internationally. It is only available in the U.S. and APO/FPO addresses.
- The provided warranty is only applicable in the United States and Canada. There are different warranties for locations outside of this zone.
- May not be as effective for those with a passive pickup as with an active, but it really comes down to the preference of the guitarist.
- Bass may be muddy if certain pedals are used with it.
Many claim that the Fender Acoustasonic 15 is the best small amplifier in the business, due to its compatible uses in small performances and gatherings as well as being a great learning tool for those who are new to amplifiers. With its dual voice and instrumental amplification abilities and its 5 year Fender Transferable Warranty, there’s hardly a reason not to buy this amplifier. Some say that the volume is too low for their liking, but the sound is roaring for an amp of its size.
All in all, the Fender Acoustasonic is a fantastic acoustic amp that is sold for a great price, offering great value for the money.
Here is a Fender Acoustasonic 15 Acoustic Guitar Amplifier video: